Saturday, August 13, 2011

2011 Indiana State Fair Day Nine

Nora will use this blog to chronicle her daily adventures at the Indiana State Fair. 

My trip to the State Fair was a short one today. I had to be at work at 5:00 and other errands and chores (can you believe that all other activities don't stop during the seventeen day of the Indiana State Fair?) kept me from the Fairgrounds until almost 3:00.


My main goal for today was to purchase one of Doug's magnificent paintings. I'd had my eye on one since I'd seen it in June, but didn't want to be too piggy and purchase it on the first day.

The Daily Parade of antique tractors and County 4-H Queens and mascots of soybeans and tomatoes is one of my favorite things about the Fair. I've managed to hitch a ride on a wagon a few times and I waved and grinned like a nut the whole time.


Sarah Davis, one of the awesome interns at the State Fair took me to see the balcony of the Administration Building. As I kid I'd look up and daydream about how great the view must be and wonder if I'd ever get to be up there. Decades later I made it up there. And it is as amazing as I thought it would be.

Another amazing day at the Indiana State Fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment